Though not every new mom will need a breast pump for long-term use, just about everyone will need one at some point in their nursing endeavor. Medela has been named the #1 choice by both hospitals and moms, proving just how wonderful their product is.
Breast pumps allow you to still provide the great breastmilk to your child, even if you must return to work after that six week maternity leave. When researching the right pump for your needs, there are some key features: Mobility, Affordabilty, Comfort and Sound.
Pump In Style® Advanced – On-the-go Tote
Pump In Style Advanced is a daily use breastpump designed for moms who pump several times a day. All Pump In Style Advanced breastpumps offer portable convenience for quiet, discreet pumping anywhere.
What is 2-Phase Expression® technology?
Through research, Medela learned that there are two distinct phases of how babies breastfeed. The Stimulation Phase is fast and light sucking to start milk flowing followed by the Expression Phase, slow and stronger sucking to deliver more milk faster. Pump In Style Advanced breastpumps have exclusive 2-Phase Expression technology that mimics a baby’s natural nursing pattern.
Features and Benefits
- Daily use · double pump · electric
- Adjustable speed/vacuum dial lets mom choose her most comfortable setting.
- Removable PVC-free cooler bag with contoured ice pack keeps milk cool for up to 12 hours.
- Battery pack lets mom pump anywhere, anytime. (Optional 9V vehicle lighter adapter available).
- More milk in less time with 2-Phase Expression® technology when pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™.
- Everything included in an attractive microfiber tote for fast and easy pumping.
- Helpful storage pockets for organization.
- Convenient integrated work surface for mom.
- Double pumping kit includes PersonalFit™ breastshields.
Here’s What I Think:
I am a stay-at-home mom and have the luxury of directly nursing my babies, but I still have much need for a quality breast pump. In the early stages of nursing, engorgement in a huge issue for me and having a pump on hand can be a lifesaver. Using a pump to relieve the pressure of overfilled breasts is something any nursing mom will proclaim as NECESSARY!
Another reason to have a quality pump is for those rare evenings when you have a sitter and you want to have some grown up time with hubby. Being able to pump a bottle or two for the sitter is a great asset. My very favorite feature of this breast pump is the fact that it is truly quiet! Often times you have to relieve the pressure of engorgement at 3am and turning on a device that sounds like a jet engine is just not a good plan.
The first time I used this pump, it didn’t even wake up my husband – who was sleeping two inches from the tote. I also really like the new tote design. Essentially all of the parts to the pump (including the cooler) fit into the bottom half of the tote, leaving plenty of room for your own items to go on top. This makes it possible discreetly carry the pump to work with you without having to carry several different bags. The bag is also stylish, for the fashion conscience mamas!
Enter to Win
Medela is giving away a Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump to one lucky Busy Mommy Media reader.
To enter, comment on this post and tell us your best breastfeeding tip.
This giveaway is open to the U.S. only and will end on June 21, 2011
In compliance with the FTC Guidelines, please note that this is a sponsored post. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions for a complete list of our contest and giveaway rules.
Additional Giveaway Entries
Earn additional giveaway entries by doing one or all of the following. Comment on this post to let us know each time you earn an additional entry.
- Follow Busy Mommy Media on Twitter
- Become a Fan of Busy Mommy Media on Facebook
- Tweet this giveaway by clicking on the box in the upper right hand side of this post or copying and pasting the following into twitter:
I entered to #win a @Medela_US Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump #giveaway from @BusyMommyMedia! http://bit.ly/mrfIkI
- Get updates from Busy Mommy Media by signing up for the Busy Mommy Media Newsletter, subscribing to the Busy Mommy Media RSS feed, or Signing up to receive updates from Busy Mommy Media.
- Start or respond to a conversation in our Blog Frog Community.
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to the giveaway post.
- Stumble this post.
Want to be notified when we draw a winner? We’re happy to send out one (1) reminder email when we draw a winner. We promise not to put you on our mailing list (unless you want us to). Add your email address here to receive notification of the winner.