I love a good family adventure. This past weekend my family loaded up the car and set out for the L.A. Zoo to go exploring.
My kids love to see the animals at the zoo. We have some great memories just hanging out and watching all the funny things they do. We had never been to the L.A. Zoo so when we started planning an end of the summer trip to California, it seemed like the perfect place to have one last summer adventure.
It has been a while since we have been to the zoo and my little girls have been asking to go for a while so they were excited when we pulled up to the zoo. My little twins kept telling me “I go see monkey” over and over again so we knew that was going to be on our must-see list.
The Los Angeles Zoo was a really interactive experience. They had lots of things to climb on and in and my kids stayed very busy during our visit.
We got an amazing close up look at the Elephant who walked right past us. He took his time so we had some great photo opportunities too.
We even had a celebrity sighting.
I love giving my kids the chance to see so many animals up close. It’s rare that you get to see most of the animals that live at the zoo so it’s always an exciting adventure. We’ve learned to be patient and hang out for a while to see some really fun animal behaviors.
Our favorites are always the monkeys though. They are just so much fun to watch and they usually move around so much that even the littlest kids want to keep watching.
Before going to the zoo, I recommend:
- Planning to take advantage of the cooler parts of the day. Not only is it more pleasant to walk around then but you’ll have a better chance of seeing the animals.
- Bring plenty of water. Snacks are important too but water is essential.
- Read the signs. There’s always some great information on the signs at each exhibit.
- Talk to the zoo employees. We have a 5 question rule when we go out to make sure my kids get the most out of every experience. We’ve gotten some amazing information out of the zoo employees when we chat with them, even the ones were not zookeepers.
Check out the video of our zoo visit below.
Frito-Lay 2 Go is making it easier for your family to have an adventure. They have partnered with the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) to offer a free kid’s pass to participating facilities.
Here’s how you can get your free kid’s pass:
- Purchase a specially marked package of FL2Go, featuring a tiger, panda, monkey, elephant or penguin.
- Visit AZA.Frito-Lay.com to upload a photo of your receipt for proof of purchase and find your local participating AZA facility.
- Check your email for your free kid’s pass!
- Visit your local AZA facility for a family wildlife adventure!
*Note: Offer is for visits Monday thru Friday until 10/20/2016
Learn more about this promotion and find out how you can plan your next family adventure here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.