This post was sponsored by Dramamine® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Have you ever experienced motion sickness?
I used to be able to handle anything until I had kids. Now I get motion sick if we hit a speed bump in the road.
As someone who used to love boat rides and roller coasters motion sickness is seriously cramping my style.
My family is getting ready to head out on one last road trip for the summer and our final destination is an amusement park.
I definitely don’t want motion sickness getting in the way of a fun family adventure.
Medication hits me hard so I hate taking anything that’s going to make me groggy for the entire day. That may take away the motion sickness but it certainly takes the fun away too!
Fortunately, there’s a better solution. I’m so glad I discovered Dramamine Non-Drowsy Naturals.
Dramamine Non-Drowsy Naturals contains natural ginger, a well-known remedy for motion sickness. Unlike most sources of ginger, this uses the clinically-tested ginger dosage required for preventing and treating motion sickness.
The last time we went to an amusement park, I went on one roller coaster and felt so awful that I was out the rest of the day. I was stuck on the sidelines watching my family go on rides because I couldn’t handle the movement of the ride.
This time, withDramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals packed away in my bag, I know I’ll have a better experience.
As a 6 time hyperemesis surviver, I now hate dealing with any sort of nausea. My fear of nausea borders on PTSD.
I’ve had plenty of experience with all sorts of anti-nausea remedies but motion sickness is a different ballgame.
Tips to Avoid Motion Sickness before a Road Trip
- Snack before and during the trip. An empty stomach accentuates symptoms of motion sickness. Don’t over-eat but definitely be sure you aren’t dealing with a drop in blood sugar too.
- Take Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals before leaving. Give this time to kick in and it will be much more effective than taking it after you are already dealing with motion sickness. Dramamine prevents and relieves motion sickness symptoms in a way that antacids and upset stomach relievers do not so stick with what works. Get a coupon to save $1 on Dramamine here.
- Keep your eyes focused on the horizon. The horizon is more stationary than the things zooming past your window. If you are worried about motion sickness be sure and look straight ahead in the car. Sitting in the front seat or towards the front if possible help as well.
- Avoid reading. Anytime you try and focus on something like a book or your phone while moving, your motion sickness symptoms are going to be worse. Try listening to books on tape or music instead (while keeping your eyes focused on the horizon) to pass the time.
- Drive, if possible. Motion sickness symptoms may be less if you are the one driving the car. I know for me personally, I never get motion sickness while driving. I only have a problem when I am a passenger.
What tips do you have to avoid motion sickness while traveling?