Are you looking for a legit work at home job that will let you earn money from home and contribute to your family’s finances without paying for childcare or committing to an inflexible schedule?
We’ve got you covered with these 20 real ways to earn money from home.
Finding a real work from home job is a dream for many moms. I’m asked all the time for tips for finding a steady home-based job. Working from home definitely comes with some challenges but when you have young kids at home, it can be a great way to be available for your kids while still contributing to the family finances. We have some real ways moms can earn money from home with these legitimate work from home jobs!
I’ve been a work at home mom since I quit my teaching job just after my oldest son was born. I’ve tried just about everything over the years and the good news is there are some great options in a huge variety of fields for moms to work from home.
Do you want our list of favorite places to find work at home jobs? Click here and we will send it to you.
Real Ways to Earn Money from Home
- Run a home daycare – I ran a home daycare for years when my big kids were little. It was a great way to earn an income while playing with my kids. I still have great memories of all the quality time I was able to spend with my kids during those year. For tips on starting a home daycare go here.
- Start a blog – Blogging is definitely not a get rich quick kind of thing but if you work at it and can create great content it can definitely bring in a part time or full-time income. Don’t expect to earn an income right away so make sure you have time to build up your blog income before quitting a stable job. Here are some quick and tips for starting your own blog. If you are ready to get going, we walk you through the process, step-by-step to help you start your blog here.
- Work in direct sales. Direct sales is not for everyone. I’ve dabbled in it from time to time and there is definitely some major income potential if you have the right personality. I currently sell food storage and emergency preparedness supplies through Thrive Life and essential oils through Young Living. There’s a direct sales company for just about every interest out there so hunt around until you find one that is a good fit.
- Be a virtual assistant – There’s a huge demand for virtual assistants right now. If you have some basic technical skills and are willing to learn you can create a nice, stable income by working for small businesses or bloggers.
- Be an Apple at Home Advisor – Apple hires home-based workers to help with customer service and tech support issues. They have a fairly detailed list of qualifications but if you are a fit for this job it sounds like a pretty sweet gig. Check out details about being an Apple at Home Advisor here.
- MeetEdgar.com – Meet Edgar is a new social scheduling service that hires only home-based workers. I’ve been hearing great things from friends who got hired on here and from what they tell me it sounds like they treat their employees very well. They hire for a variety positions including copywriting, customer services, sales, and technical positions so it’s definitely worth checking out. See their job listings here.
- Virtual call centers – These jobs can be tricky if you have very young kids who are likely to be loud while you are on the phone but if you can arrange your work schedule to fit with nap time or have older kids these can be great jobs. Here is great list of virtual call centers you could check out.
- Teach lessons – Do you have a special talent or skill? Consider teaching lessons in your home. Maybe you can play the piano or have a talent for woodworking or crafting. Get creative. There’s all kinds of things you can offer to teach from your own home.
- Online tutoring – If you like to teach, consider looking into being an online tutor. There are several companies that match tutors with students.
- Start an Etsy shop – Do you know how to make cute things? Start an Etsy shop and sell things from home.
- Fivrr.com – This is kind of a unique site and there are some really creative ways you can earn money on here. The premise behind this site is you offer up a gig for $5. You can offer upgrades for a higher fee but think of any short and simple little things you could do for $5 and
- Be an Uber driver – Okay, this one isn’t really at home but it is flexible so it’s perfect for moms who need a job that fits around your schedule. I’ve talked to several people who drive for Uber and they have made pretty good money. The process to be put on as a driver seems fairly straightforward and you can start making money fairly quickly. We tested out Uber to see if it would work for moms. Check out what we thought about Uber as a job for moms here.
- Sell stuff on Ebay – If you have a knack for finding deals or want to open a wholesale account you can make some decent money selling stuff on Ebay. I heard a story of a young couple who put themselves through school buying cheap clothes at discount retailers like Ross and selling them on Ebay. If you just want to make a few extra bucks, try selling any extra clutter you have in your house.
- Freelance writing- If you are a solid writer you can make good money as a freelance writer. There are all kinds of markets to reach out to. You can do anything from writing for magazines to writing marketing material for businesses. If you want some practice. DemandStudios.com is a good place to start if you want some practice and need to get paid right away. I started off with them years ago. The pay isn’t high but they give you about $20 for a 300 word article so that can add up and it’s great for speeding up your writing.
- Reservations Specialist – Many airlines hire home-based employees to help customers make reservations. You will need a quiet space to work for this job but it can be a great way to earn money without leaving the house. Jet Blue is one company that often hires employees for work at home jobs. They don’t always have openings but if it’s something you are interested in keep an eye on their job postings.
- Teach an online class – Do you have a skill or talent you want to share. There are some great places where you can get paid to teach an online class. Check out skillshare.com, atly.com, powhow.com, craftsy.com and lynda.com.
- Start a YouTube channel – If you are in good in front of a camera consider starting a YouTube channel. You can make money from ads shown on your videos and you may find that the exposure brings you other opportunities.
- Sign up for Swagbucks – This option definitely won’t make you rich but it’s a great way to earn some extra spending money. You can earn cash or gift cards for using the Swagbucks search engines, completing surveys, watching videos and a host of other things. I just set the Swagbucks search engine as my default and earn Amazon gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. One year I paid for our entire Christmas with Amazon gift cards I’d earned through Swagbucks. Sign up for Swagbucks here.
- Be a mystery shopper – Again, not an option that will make you rich but a great way to earn some extra cash. Years ago I had pretty steady work as a mystery shopper. I did everything from buy a new food item at a fast food place to shop at local craft stores. You need to have a good eye for detail for this but being a mystery shopper can be fun and you get some nice perks like free food and free products. Here’s some details about being a mystery shopper.
- Be a website tester – There are quite a few companies that will pay you to test out websites. Pay is anywhere from $8-20 per test which usually takes around 10-20 minutes. This is a great list of places that will pay you to test websites. User Testing is another great option for website testing.
Do you work at home? What creative ways have you found to earn an income as a work at home mom?
Still haven’t download our list of places to find work at home jobs? What are you waiting for? Click here and we will send it to you.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP: BUSY WORK AT HOME MOMS
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS ABOUT BLOGGING:
- Blog Income Report: How I Made Over $10,700 Last Month Working from Home
- Best Resources for Work at home Moms
- How to Start a Blog When you Have No Free Time
- Where to Find Sponsored Posts
- Work at Home Jobs you Can do During Nap Time
- Where to Find a Work at Home Job
- 20 REAL Ways to Earn Money from Home
You may also like:
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- How to Get Hired as a VIPKid Teacher - May 23, 2019
- Jump Start your Summer Reading with How to Train Your Dragon 3 - May 23, 2019
- How to Get Cash for Your Old Phone with Trademore - May 13, 2019