Thanks to DuPont™ for Sponsoring this post
Evacuating your new home is no fun, but this is exactly what some friends of mine recently had to do because of water damage. Their home was growing harmful mold and they had to stay in a hotel for days while it was cleaned up. It was definitely a frustrating inconvenience and a situation that I would never wish on anyone.
I was shocked to find out that water can get into almost any house, even a brand new one. Water just has a way of creeping through any exposed crack and into places you don’t want it to go. Rain, snow or even water from your sprinklers can cause massive damage to your home very quickly.
It is essential to protect against potential damage early. DuPont™ Tyvek® is a wrap that goes underneath the siding when you are building a new home or remodeling an old one. It’s sole purpose is to seal the home to prevent things like water from being able to creep into the home. Thus preventing rot and mold from occurring in the walls of your home.
This is of particular interest to me as my son has asthma. It seems that just about anything can set him off. He has an exceptionally hard time when there are allergens in the air. I can only imagine how badly it would affect his health if we ended up having mold growing in his bedroom. It’s just not worth it to take shortcuts with the health of your children and your home; there are no substitutes for Tyvek® house wrap, only imposters.
Over the past 30 years, Tyvek® has become the standard by which all air and moisture barriers are measured and has been voted as the best in the market by builders for 20 consecutive years.
4 Tips For Preventing Your Home From Water Damage
- Periodically check sprinklers and pipes for leaks
- Seal your home with a wrap like DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Look for signs of moisture on carpet and floors, like darkening of the carpet or dampness
- Clean our your gutters and make sure that they are guiding rain and melting snow to where you want it to drain to.
Latest posts by Darren Lister (see all)
- Get Kids Excited About STEM with JIMU Robots - December 6, 2018
- Jaybird RUN Wireless Headphones - June 17, 2018
- 2019 Infiniti QX50: A Small Crossover with Room to Actually Carry a Family - February 2, 2018