Meatloaf is one of my go-to comfort food meals, especially in the wintertime. In my part of the world its about 10 degress outside and snowing. Nothing makes me want to stay inside more than snow.
That means I don’t make grocery store trips as often and so I have to work with what I have on hand. I almost always have the main ingredients for meatloaf and you can experiment with different flavors.
I love that there is only 5 minutes of prep time and it can feed a crowd. With how easy and yummy it is, I have absolutely no idea why meatloaf gets such a bad rep. Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest.
When I want to switch up the traditional meatloaf, this recipe is a delicious option. I used ground turkey to lighten it a little bit and mixed in some barbeque sauce.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or hamburger)
- 1 c breadcrumbs (you can also substitute crackers and panko crumbs)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c barbeque sauce, divided in half
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all your ingredients (reserve 1/2 c barbeque sauce for the top) until everything is evenly distributed. Form into a loaf and place on a baking sheet with a lip or a casserole dish.
- Brush remaining barbeque sauce on the top of the loaf.
- Cook for 50-55 min.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving
Pin for later