This post contains affiliate links.
As a mom of six, including twins, bathing suit season is not my favorite. I’m a big fan of being proud of your body, in whatever state it is in. But that’s a lot easier when those parts I’m not thrilled with are a bit more covered up. After having twins, my body definitely didn’t go back to its pre-baby(s) state. I’m working on exercising more, but in the meantime, I still need a great swimsuit.
The good news is, there are some fantastic and modest swimsuits out there that can help you look and feel fantastic this summer. The right swimsuit can give you the confidence you need to get out there and play with your family . . . or even jump in a few of those family pictures.
- Look for styles you can mix and match. Not everyone has the same body type. Being able to find pieces that work for the upper and lower part of your body can help you find a suit that is much more flattering.
- Don’t fall in love with a suit until you try it on. It’s frustrating to absolutely love a swimsuit when you see it on the rack or online and then hate it when you try it on. Look for suit that might look good on you and withhold judgement until you get a chance to try it on.
- You are not your swimsuit. I know how frustrating it can be to go swimsuit shopping. I’ve come home in tears more than once after a stint in the dressing room. Here’s what you need to remember though: you are not your swimsuit. You are just as worthy of love as you were before you tried on that swimsuit. Just because one doesn’t look good on you does not mean your body is not fantastic. Just keep looking. You’ll find something that is flattering on you and will let you do the things you want to do this summer.
ModCloth Swimsuits for Moms
ModCloth specializes in modest clothing and they have some really cute options. I really love that they show all their swimsuits on several body types so you can get a better idea of how each suit will look on you. There’s nothing worse than buying a suit that looks fantastic on the model and then getting it home and realizing that your proportions aren’t quite as model-like.
If you want something that looks great on any body type, this working tidal one-piece is super flattering.
This cute coverup is definitely on my wish list. It’s hard finding something that works when you are out of the pool without resorting to sitting around fully dressed.
Looking for something with a little more coverage in the thigh area? This Haute in the Hamptons One-piece has a great little flair at the legs to give you some extra coverage.
Rash guards are great for providing extra coverage (and sun protection), but most of them are so clunky looking. This nautical themed rash guard and matching bottoms are anything but frumpy and they are perfect if you aren’t totally comfortable in a swimsuit.
I have mermaids on the mind since I just threw a mermaid themed birthday party for my 5 year old. Too bad I didn’t discover this Ocean Enchantress one-piece before her party because I would have been the hit of the party.
Hapari Swimsuits for Moms
Hapari always has some great selections. I love the bright, bold patterns and they have options for just about every body type.
This tank style tankini provides great coverage and comes in several patterns. Pair it with either boy short bottoms or these skirted swim bottoms. After having twins, I’ll take as much coverage in my bathing suite tops as I can get.
If you want more coverage (and sun protection) this rash guard top is perfect.
For the most forgiving top of all, this blouse style tankini top can cover up a lot of imperfections. This one is personally next on my list to buy for this summer.
Lands End Swimsuits for Moms
Lands End has been my go-to spot for bathing suits for the last several years. Not only do they last forever but they have so many options that you can find something flattering, no matter what your body type.
Before I buy from Lands End, I always jump over to Ebates because they have a cashback offer and occasional discount codes.
Since my last few suits have been from Lands End, I was thinking about trying something different this year. Then I saw this clip from American Housewife:
Besides the fact that it’s a great reminder for all of us to get over ourselves and just put on the swimsuit, she also has a killer swim suit on. I did a bit of research, and as best I can tell, it’s this swimsuit from Lands End. Everyone I talked to that had bought it swore that it sucked everything in and was their go-to swim suit.
I had to give it a try.
This Slender Tunic One Piece from Lands End is kind of magical. It pulled my post-twin belly in and made me feel much more confident
This flowy tankini top is perfect for covering up a post-baby belly. If you have awesome skin that burns if you just think about going outside like I do, this long sleeve rash guard may be a great thing to have ready to go for long days in the sun.
Nordstrom is a bit pricier but they have some great swimsuits for moms who want a bit of extra coverage.
I love this one-piece swim dress. It has such fun colors and provides great coverage.
This ruffled tankini top is super flattering and covers up any post baby belly you’ve got going on. Pair it with a cute swim skirt (that also slims you down) or this more affordable swim skirt and you have something you’ll be comfortable in all summer.
They call this suit the Magic suit for good reason. This suit can hide all kinds of flaws. This suit is the perfect option when you need something classic that you will keep for a while. It goes with anything.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Wonderful Halos “Valentine’s Day Love Monsters” - February 14, 2019
- How to Support your Health This Winter - February 14, 2019
- Staying Alive After 65 – Tips to Live the Life you Want During Retirement - February 12, 2019