The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Time to buy a new washing machine? The first question you are probably asking yourself is whether you should buy a top loading machine or front loading machine.
I’m personally drooling over the LG SteamDryer and it’s huge capacity.
I’ve used both and while there are definitely some pros and cons to both, most of us probably have a preference based on past experience. There are some great machines in each style available now.
Before we get into those, let’s look at the pros and cons of each style first:
Top Loader Washing Machine Pros and Cons
- They often have a larger capacity.
- They are often cheaper.
- They can be opened mid-cycle.
- There’s no bending required to load.
- They use more water.
- Large capacity machines can be difficult to reach the bottom.
- Unloading requires a bit more work since dryers load in the front.
Front Loading Washing Machine Pros and Cons
- Typically use less water.
- They often use less electricity.
- Easier to switch laundry from the washing machine to the drier.
- Cleaning performance is often better than a top loading machine.
- Faster spinning means clothes dry faster.
- Gentler on clothes so they last longer.
- Sidekick compatible – This is probably the best perk in my book. You can increase capacity and wash two loads at once with this option.
- The seal on older machines needed to be cleaned often.
- It requires bending down to load.
- You cannot stop the wash mid-cycle.
To decide what works best for you, you’ll have to consider your own lifestyle and what your needs are.
Right now when you purchase an LG Front Load Washer and SideKick at Best Buy, save an additional $150! The Blue Shirts at Best Buy can help answer any questions so you can find the perfect machine for you.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Clean up your cables with the Legrand In Wall Kit - October 21, 2017
- Sliced Caramel Apple Pops - October 20, 2017
- Mexican Quiche – The Tastiest Way to Stay Healthy This Winter - October 19, 2017