Are you looking for the perfect shoes for your new walker?
There are so many options out there. Choosing the right pair can be tricky. I was so excited to discover Friendly Rooster and their great line of shoes for new walkers.
With kids there are a lot of fun milestones, but my favorite so far had to be when my kids took their first steps.
Not only are those first steps fun for me as a parent, but I love seeing my kids so proud of themselves and so happy that they can do it on their own. And let me tell you, once they start moving they do not want to stop.
I chase my toddlers around pretty much all day long.
With all that energy its so important that they get good shoes for when they are learning how to walk. With my first child, I couldn’t resist baby shoes and I bought a few pairs before she was even born just because they were so cute.
She ended up not even really wearing them much because they just weren’t practical for a baby or a new walker so they ended up being a waste of money.
With my second child I now know what to look for in a shoe for him. There are a few important things his shoes have to have.
- They need to be easy to put on. There were a few times I got some stylish shoes for my daughter but even though they were her size length-wise, the design of them made them impossible to push on her foot. If I get boots, they must have a zipper, and if I get dress shoes they couldn’t be too narrow.
- They need to be soft and flexible. Some pleather or rubbery kids shoes can really hurt their feet and give them blisters. The softer cloth shoes are much easier on their feet and will bend with their foot while they run around.
- They must have grippy soles. When toddlers are first learning, they are inevitably going to fall down a lot, but it really helps them immensely to have soles that can grip well. I just discovered Friendly Rooster and I really love that their shoes have a rubber sole but are still flexible, which is good for helping develop foot muscles. Their shoes are not only socially and environmentally responsible, they are also great for developing feet!
- They need to be able to go with a lot of clothes. Toddlers will constantly be growing out of their shoes, so its not always worth the money to have a different style shoe to go with every outfit. I try and pick a stylish shoe that will coordinate with a broad range of clothing.
I really love the new walker selection fromFriendly Rooster. They have a great selection of modern styles and fit all the requirements for a good quality walking shoe.
I found a pair that I LOVE for my son and he was pretty happy about them too (seriously, he cried when I took them off).
I don’t think my son will have any problem keeping up with his big sister in these. He is so happy he can now kick around the ball with his sister. “Ball” and “Go” are by far his favorite words, so I have a feeling he is going to be a very active kid.
Other than the sole the shoes are 100% leather so they will form to your child’s foot and be really comfortable for their little feet. Leather also stretches a little over time which I love because it won’t squish little toes as they grow.
If you are trying to find a good quality shoe for your baby or toddler, definitely check out Friendly Rooster!
Enter to Win
Want to try a pair of shoes from Friendly Rooster?
We have a great deal for you! Use the code BUSYMOMMY15 and 15% off purchase through 12/19!
Want a chance to win? One lucky winner will get a $50 gift card good for anything from Friendly Rooster!
This giveaway is open to the U.S. Winner must be 18+. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions for a complete list of our contest and giveaway rules. Giveaway ends Dec. 14th.
Want to be notified when we post a new giveaway? Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss out on anything.
Latest posts by Katherine Roberts (see all)
- How to Create Your Own Website For Your Side Hustle - November 16, 2017
- Fall Flavors at Red Mango - November 5, 2017
- Christmas Tree Salt Painting - October 23, 2017