This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoreMomentsWithExcedrin #CollectiveBias
There are moments in your life that you just can’t miss. If you suffer from headaches, you know that they always hit at the worst possible times. Fortunately, Excedrin® Extra Strength (for everyday headaches) can be there to save the day when you need it.
We recently had a weekend that did not go as planned. It happens to all of us. We were out of town for the weekend when one of my two year old twins slipped getting into my big van and broke her arm.
It was the first broken bone we’ve had (and with 6 kids, I guess that’s not a bad track record) and it was a rough experience for all of us. She ended up needing to have surgery and was in so much pain that first night.
Her surgery happened late at night and we had trouble getting her pain under control. When she came out of surgery she only wanted me so I knew I had to be at my best so I could be there for her.
There was only one problem.
As soon as they moved us into recovery, I felt a headache coming on.
I’ve suffered from headaches and migraines for years and they’ve run the range from mildly annoying to completely debilitating. Knowing what kind of night we had in store for us, I knew I didn’t have time to be down with a headache.
Fortunately, I’ve learned from experience that Excedrin® Extra Strength can give you relief in just 15 minutes. I always carry it with me so as soon as I realized what was going on I pulled it out. It’s the only fast headache solution I trust when I really need to get feeling better. If I had been home, I would have just reached for my Excedrin® PM Headache because it helps give me headache relief while I sleep with two pain fighters plus a sleep aid, but I knew I wasn’t going to be getting a lot of sleep at the hospital.
Use as directed.
I stock up on my favorite Excedrin® products whenever I’m at Walmart because they always have great, everyday low prices.
My headache went away fast and I was able to be there for my daughter on what was probably the hardest day of her life to date. The nurses had a hard time keeping her pain under control, which was heartbreaking to see, but I was glad that I was able to get my pain under control so I could be there when she needed me.
I wish I could have spared my daughter the pain of suffering through a broken arm and surgery, but I was glad I was able to be there for her when she needed to me without being distracted by my own pain.
Create a Mini Headache Kit for your Purse
Knowing I’m prone to headaches, I try to be prepared. I always carry a mini headache kit in my purse or diaper bag, because you never know when a headache is going to hit (and it usually hits at the worst possible time).
How can you create a mini headache kit?
- Think of what triggers your headaches. This is different for everyone. For me, headaches are often set off by dehydration and low blood sugar so I keep a small water bottle and a snack in my bag. My husband’s migraines are often triggered by bright light so he always carries his sunglasses. Whatever triggers your headaches, be sure you have a solution in your bag.
- Find a safe place in your bag to keep it. With kids, I’m always concerned about preventing my kids from getting into my medications. You’ve already used a childproof container, but I still recommend tucking it away in your bag somewhere out of the way. If your bag doesn’t have a little pocket your kids can’t get into, there’s a way around that. I’m not a seamstress but I can manage the basics when I need to. If you need to create a hidden pocket in your bag, sew a three sided bag. Keep it small but make sure it is big enough to fit your container. When you have that, you can either pin it into the inside of your bag or sew it in with a few stitches.
I love knowing that I’m prepared if a headache hits while I’m away from home. There are so many moments in life that we just can’t miss. Excedrin® Extra Strength helps make sure a headache won’t keep me from being there for my family when I need to be.
Latest posts by Darren Lister (see all)
- New Release from André Rieu: “Shall We Dance” Album - October 12, 2017
- Tutoring for the Next Generation: Text Yup to Learn - October 5, 2017
- How has your dog changed your life? - October 1, 2017