Raising a family of 6 kids is expensive. It is no surprise that teenage boys eat a ton, extra curricular activities always seem to cost more than you expect, and back-to-school expenses seem to increase drastically each year.
Now more than ever, it is critical to make every dollar count which is why I was excited to find CreditCards.com, a website designed to help families like mine smartly use their credit cards.
This fall, prior to doing our school shopping, we looked for the best cash back credit card options on CreditCards.com. We then used the card that worked the best for us to pay school fees, buy clothes, books, crayons, a ton of composition books, and even a couple of those those expensive graphing calculators. Needless to say the total added up fast but it was money that simply had to be spent.
With the cash back card we chose, those expenses actually cost us less than if we had paid for everything with cash. We paid off each card by the end of the month and had cash back rewards ready and waiting for us.
Now the plan is to pay for my upcoming son’s birthday with the money we will get back and maybe even have some cash back rewards left over to help pay for Christmas presents. CreditCards.com helped us smartly research and use credit to our advantage.
Finding the right credit card for your needs can be tricky. I love that CreditCards.com rates and reviews credit cards so you can find one that fits your needs. Having all the information in one place is so helpful, because you definitely don’t want to find out that there was a better option once you already have a credit card.
How to Choose a Credit Card with the Right Rewards for You
- Consider what your needs are. If you are going to be traveling, you’ll want to look for a card that offers travel rewards, discounts on travel expenses, etc. Since I like to use my credit cards rewards to pay for birthdays and holidays, I look for cards that offer cash back rewards.
- Compare multiple cards before deciding on one. You want to be sure to get the best deal for you so it helps to know what is out there. CreditCards.com is amazing for that.
- Know what you want out of a credit card before deciding on one. There are so many options out there when it comes to credit card rewards. It helps to know what your personal goals are before you start looking so you make sure and choose the best card for your needs.
Whatever card you choose, it helps to have a plan in place before holiday expenses start adding up. Having a plan can help you keep spending in check and save you money.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Clean up your cables with the Legrand In Wall Kit - October 21, 2017
- Sliced Caramel Apple Pops - October 20, 2017
- Mexican Quiche – The Tastiest Way to Stay Healthy This Winter - October 19, 2017