*This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small commission when you make a purchase.
Are you looking for a new mattress? Choosing a mattress can be a bit overwhelming but it’s also one of the most important purchases you can make. A good night’s sleep impacts every area of your life, and as a busy mom, you definitely need all the sleep you can get. Check out our Eight Mattress unboxing and find out why this may be the perfect choice for your next mattress.
We were recently sent an Eight Mattress to check out and after hearing about all the technology that goes into their mattresses, we were super excited to check them out.
When the Eight Mattress showed up on my doorstep, the first thing I noticed was how small the box was. We’ve tried a few foam mattresses over the years, so I kind of knew what to expect, but I was really surprised at how heavy this was. You can definitely tell that the Eight Mattress has some substance to it before you even pull it out of the box.
Each Eight Mattress has 4 different layers of foam to make sure you get the support you need, including:
- 2″ REACTIVE FOAM
- 2″ CONTOURING MEMORY FOAM
- 2″ SUPPORTIVE TRANSITION FOAM
- 4″ HIGH DENSITY SUPPORT FOAM
The Eight mattress helps you get a great night’s sleep (I don’t know any busy mom who couldn’t use more sleep) but they also take things a step further with the Eight Technology cover.
The Technology Cover turns your mattress into a smart mattress and does everything from warming your bed to integrating with other smart home products.
My husband is slowly turning our home into a smart home. I was not on board until I realized how much it simplified my life.
What do you look for when buying a mattress?
It took me years to understand that your mattress is the most important piece of furniture you can buy. When I first got married, we had no furniture except for a hand-me-down bed. I was so excited to decorate and buy new appliances that we didn’t get around to replacing that bed for years.
I figured I could buy some cute bedding and it didn’t matter what was under the sheets. Wrong.
An uncomfortable bed was preventing me from getting a good night’s sleep and that was impacting every area of my life.
I’ll admit that shopping for a mattress is not the most exciting thing you can do. There’s definitely a difference between mattresses though so you’ll need to pay attention to a few things:
- Cost. This, unfortunately, is always a good place to start. You want to find a mattress that fits with your budget. When we finally replaced our old mattress, we spent way too much and it didn’t hold up for more than a few years. The Eight Mattress starts at only $949 (less than that if you take advantage of the coupon code we’ll share with you at the bottom of this post. There are no delivery charges and you don’t have to deal with pushy salespeople trying to get you to buy a room full of furniture when you really only need a mattress.
- Comfort. This is a HUGE deal. You’ll likely be sleeping on this mattress for the next ten years so you want to make sure you choose wisely. Everyone has their own personal preferences when it comes to mattresses. If you are a side sleeper, you’ll probably want your mattress a bit softer. If you are a back sleeper, you’ll probably want your mattress a bit more on the firm side.
- Materials. You spend a lot of time on your bed (if you are lucky — 8 hours of sleep seems like a fantasy sometimes). It’s important that you are comfortable with the materials that are used in your bed and the way that it was made. One thing that had me really excited about the Eight Mattress is they are made in America. That can be hard to find and it gave me a lot more confidence in the materials used (and helped me feel like I was supporting our own economy).
Eight Mattress Unboxing Video
UPDATE: What do I think of the Eight Mattress After Sleeping on it?
I’ve been sleeping on my Eight mattress for about a month now and that’s usually the point where I get a really good feel for how a mattress is going to work for me. I have to say, I LOVE it.
I’m a side and a back sleeper so the guidelines of choosing a softer mattress for side sleeping or firmer for back sleeping don’t really work for me. I need them both. My Eight mattress is soft and comfortable when I sleep on my side and still firm enough for back sleeping.
I’ve been sleeping so much better and that has helped me during the daytime hours too. I can’t believe I spent so many years sleeping on a mattress that I didn’t love. It makes such a difference in the quality of my life! Eight mattresses are really affordable too so the cost is well worth the benefit you get from having a fantastic night’s sleep.
Let me know if you have any questions about it, drop me an email.
Eight Mattress Coupon Code
The Eight Mattress has a 100 night guarantee so you don’t have anything to lose by trying it. Use the coupon code “HAPPY4TH” to save $100 off your mattress + Free Shipping and Returns + 0% APR for 12 months.
This deal only goes through July 4th so don’t miss it. Buy an Eight Mattress HERE and let us know how you like it.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- How to Get Hired as a VIPKid Teacher - May 23, 2019
- Jump Start your Summer Reading with How to Train Your Dragon 3 - May 23, 2019
- How to Get Cash for Your Old Phone with Trademore - May 13, 2019