We’ve had a lot of questions about how moms can safely use essential oils on babies. Today I’m so excited to share a great line of products that makes it easy to use essential oils on your kids. A big thanks to Oilogic® for sponsoring this post!
As a mom, I’m very cautious about the products that I use on my kids. My kids have sensitive skin so I have to be careful about what I use on their skin. I love the idea of using essential oils and I use them myself all the time but I’ve been a bit hesitant to use them on my kids.
As a mom of twins, I just don’t have the time to research which essential oils are okay to use on kids and how much I should dilute them. I know the basics but I don’t want to get things wrong when it comes to my kids.
That’s why I was so excited to discover Oilogic® and their fantastic line of baby care products. The company was actually started by two moms and their line of Essential Oil Roll-Ons is perfectly diluted for babies 6 months and older. Each product is made with 100% Pure Essential Oils and is free from petroleum, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, gluten, dea, dyes, mineral oil, artificial colors, and synthetic perfumes so you don’t have to worry about putting anything on your baby’s skin that you don’t want to use.
I love that they have taken the guess work out of using essential oils with babies. They have formulas for everything from helping a baby sleep to taking care of bug bites. It’s so easy to use these. The roll-on makes them mess-free. All you have to do is apply them to your baby’s wrists, neck, chest, or bottom of their feet. It’s such a gentle way to take care of so many common childhood issues!
They also have a great line of Essential Oil Personal Care items. I LOVE the Sleep & Slumber calming cream and apparently so did my twins.
We’ve been dealing with cranky babies lately thanks to a combination of our schedule being thrown off and teething. Taking a few minutes after bath time to rub each twin with some of the Slumber & Sleep calming cream really changed their mood and I got to enjoy the smell too!
Bathtime is a great way to calm babies and toddlers down, especially if they are sick or teething. The Oilogic® vapor bath line is fantastic. They have formulas for stuffy nose & cough and Slumber & sleep that make your bath smell fantastic.
How to Use Essential Oils for Babies
Need a few more tips for using essential oils for babies?
- Always spot test. You want to make sure your baby is going to react okay to the oils or oil blends. This applies to Oilogic® products and honestly is just a good idea for anything you are going to put on your baby’s skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes. You don’t want to get essential oils in your eyes and babies are especially sensitive. Be sure to apply any essential oils away from your baby’s eyes and avoid their hands just in case they touch their face.
- A little goes a long way. Start with very small amounts of essential oils on your baby. With essential oils, more doesn’t always equal better.
- Be observant. Watch for any changes or signs that your baby is not enjoying the essential oils. You know your baby best so you can tell if the oils are helping and adjust the amount used based on your baby’s reaction.
- Always dilute essential oils. Essential oils can be strong so for babies it’s best to dilute them with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, etc.
Learn more about Oilogic®:
[Tweet “Want to know how to safely use essential oils on babies? Check out these great tips!”]
Pin it for Later:
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Wonderful Halos “Valentine’s Day Love Monsters” - February 14, 2019
- How to Support your Health This Winter - February 14, 2019
- Staying Alive After 65 – Tips to Live the Life you Want During Retirement - February 12, 2019