Albeit a few years ago, Rachel’s written about blogging as a profession in the past. The time away from it hasn’t turned people away (especially Busy Mommy Media members)! She’s consistently asked about how she turns a profit—or more importantly, how can others as well?
In her most recent blogging-specific article, Rachel breaks down some realistic issues you must consider when thinking about taking your online hobbywriting to the next level. Throughout this blog tour, I’ve been sharing how to write unique, sharable blog posts consistently and regularly, so here’s a tip that should help you on your way to going pro.
Develop a Blog Post Basic Structure
If you don’t want to use a template, be sure that you understand the basic structural elements of a strong blog post:
- A beginning paragraph that makes a strong statement that will engage the reader and encourages them to continue reading, while giving the promise of what they will learn.
- At least two or three middle paragraphs that expand on the premise.
- A summary that brings your post to a strong conclusion.
- A call to action, enticing comments or click-throughs from your reader.
Use subheadings and/or a few bullet points if your post is over 350 words long. Subheadings and bullet points break up the text, making the reader feel like your post is even easier and quicker to read!
Want a Blog Template to model?
The above tip is an excerpt from our debut “21 Fast and Simple Tips to Write Blog Posts Faster” Guide, one of seven documents in our comprehensive Blogger Monthly Tutorials launching on May 1st. Each tutorial eKit comes with a tutorial, 21 tips sheet, worksheets, calendar, all our recommended tools, and much more! In the debut eKit, we provide a template for you to follow or edit to make it your own.
I myself use this above basic structure to write all my blog posts—and I’ve churned out almost 50 this month alone with this blog tour. Want to learn more?!
Click here to sign up for the Early Bird special release of $5 per month!
Win Two-Hours of Blog Coaching with Heidi and Ponn ($298 value)
We’re crowdsourcing the name of our Monthly Training tutorials. So, we need your help!
Grand Prize: Two-Hours of Blog Coaching by Blogger Babes Co-Founders (Value $298)
- Last Day to Enter!
- Two one-hour blog coaching sessions, one with Heidi and one with Ponn. Coaching will be conducted separately on the phone (domestic), Skype, or our recorded webinar room (international).
How to Enter:
- Make one comment below for each monthly subscription title you create. Make sure you use your primary email, so it’s easy for us to reach you if you win!
- Any age, any country. Minors with guardian’s permission.
- Unlimited number of entries across any/all guest blog posts from now until Monday, April 20, 2015.
- Deadline date: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:59 pm Pacific Time. [After all, we need time to design the covers. 😉 ]
- Winner selection: Heidi and I will select one winner and announce it Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
[Note: these actions do not serve as contest entries. Official entries must be made on this blogpost…but, we’d love to connect with you nonetheless.]
- Check out our draft sales page now, take some time, and share your proposed title below in the comments area on or before April 20th 11:59 pm Pacific time. While you’re there, sign up for our Early Bird release special!
- Follow the rest of my tour to meet new bloggers, “spy” on other creative title entries, and learn along with me. Here’s our blog tour schedule.
Can’t wait to read your replies!
Ponn Sabra is a best-selling author and homeschool mom of three tween and teen daughters, also bestselling authors and probloggers [http://PonnSabra.com]. The Managing Partner of Blogger Babes, Ponn is writing nearly 50 blog articles in April alone by following her own advice; so if she can do it—so can you! Feeling intimidated? Please share your concerns in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Guest Writer (see all)
- 7 Ways Pregnancy is Less than Awesome - November 10, 2015
- Feeding Your Toddler a Balanced Meal - April 29, 2015
- Establish a Blog Template to Write More Efficiently - April 20, 2015