The holidays are here and we all seem to be eating more. One of the best ways to help with the extra weight we may gain from all the goodies is to incorporate exercise in your day. Exercise does not have to be expensive to help you keep off those unwanted pounds. We don’t need the monthly fee of a gym or personal trainer to lose weight. There are many things you can do for free. Here is a list of some.
1. Walk– It’s free and can be done most anywhere.
2. Use your local library– You can check out exercise videos. If I find one I really like and they do not have it at my library, I ask them to order it and they usually get it in pretty soon. I also like to preview a video before I buy it and this is also a great way to be able to do that.
3. Start a Video Swap– Have some friends who love to exercise? Trade videos with those friends and save a bunch of money.
4. Take the steps instead of the elevator– It’s free and easy to do.
5. Clean your house– A 150 pound person can burn about 216 calories in 30 minutes of housework.
6. Take advantage of your local parks– Many parks have walking trails.
7. Exercise on TV– You don’t even need cable for this one. There are several exercise programs on public tv.
8. Turn on some music and dance– Dancing is a great way to burn calories.
9. Jump rope– A jump rope cost about $1.00 at the Dollar Stores. Jumping rope is a great way to burn calories.
10. Buy a dog– Studies have shown that people who walk with dogs walk longer and mor often than those who don’t. You might even find someone giving one away.
11. Create a frugal exercise club– Get a group of friends and neighbors together and create a club. This site offers some great ideas.