We know you are BUSY. This time of year it seems like everyone’s schedule is just packed full. I love to have grab and go snacks on hand to make sure my kids have the fuel they need to keep going. These grab and go snacks, including some great snacks from CLIF Kid, are perfect when you need something on-the-go.
My kids stay busy. Between school schedules, after school activities, and everything else on our to-do list, there isn’t much downtime. We make time to sit down together for dinner but in between means I need to have quick, grab and go snacks that are ready to go when we need them.
My girls have been learning to swim over the summer and I’ve loved seeing them grow more confident with their skills. They put everything they have into their swimming lessons so when they are done, they are starving.
I like to keep grab-and go snacks on hand so we can grab them before heading out the door. These are a few of our favorites:
- Sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon. The cinnamon stops them from going brown so you can make these ahead of time.
- Celery with peanut butter. Peanut butter is a great energy boosting snack. It doesn’t make the celery soggy like it does with bread or crackers so you can easily make these at the beginning of the week, throw them in snack-sized baggies, and have them ready to go.
- Cheese sticks. I always keep cheese sticks in the fridge for a quick snack. If you have a cooler bag, they are perfect when you are on-the-go too.
- Energy balls. These homemade oat balls are easy to make and travel well so you can keep them in the fridge (or cooler bag) and have them ready to pull out for a quick snack.
- CLIF Kid Zbar Filled. My family has been a huge fan of Zbars for years so we were excited to try out the new Zbar Filled. They have some amazing flavors, including chocolate peanut butter, apple almond butter, and double peanut butter. These are the only organic, soft-baked snack bar with smooth, creamy nut butter filling and they are delicious. I love that I feel good about giving them to my kids too because I know that they are filled with great, nutritious ingredients, and don’t have any of the things (GMOs, high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors) that I try to avoid for my family.
With these great grab and go snacks, my kids can get back to doing the things that they love.
As much as I’d love a day to just slow down, it’s so much fun seeing my kids do things that they enjoy. As a mom, I’m glad I have great snacks on hand to help them have the energy they need.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.