I can’t take any credit for this craft. My ten year old so is the master of paper crafts and came up with this brilliant idea for a fun Halloween craft on his own. He sure doesn’t get that from me.
These easy Origami Balloon Jack-O-Lanterns are fun for elementary aged kids to make. They require a bit of skill to make the origami balloon but that’s a fun trick to have up your sleeve when it’s mastered. My fireplace mantel has been given a nice spooky touch with a row of these sitting on top and my kids love that they helped decorate our home for Halloween.
- Construction paper, orange, black and green
To make these Origami Balloon Jack-O-Lanterns you have to start by making an origami balloon.
You need to start with a square piece of paper. (1) If you don’t have origami paper, you can make a square out of construction paper by folding over one corner to make a square then cutting off the excess paper. (2) Fold the paper in half, diagonally, then open it back up. (3) Fold the paper in half, diagonally the other direction, then open it up. (4) Fold the paper in half horizontally then open it back up.
(1) Bring tow corners on one side together, allowing the paper in the middle to go inward. (2) Repeat on the other side. (3) You’ll be left with a triangular shape. At the top of the triangle, you’ll have two points. Bring one point down until it reaches the bottom of the paper and crease. (4) Repeat with the other side.
(1) Flip the paper over. (2) Fold the corner on the lower right to the point at the top. Repeat with the other side. (3) Fold the point on the right side and fold it towards the center. Repeat with the other side. (4) Fold each point into the little pocket that has been created. Repeat with all points on both sides of the paper. You may need to tape the edges down if you aren’t using origami paper.
Did I loose you? Don’t worry. My ten year old can walk you through it in the video below.
Every pumpkin needs a lightsaber.
What is your favorite Halloween craft to make with your kids?
You may also like:
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Clean up your cables with the Legrand In Wall Kit - October 21, 2017
- Sliced Caramel Apple Pops - October 20, 2017
- Mexican Quiche – The Tastiest Way to Stay Healthy This Winter - October 19, 2017