Ros Emely here from StressFreeMommies, I am so happy to be able to share with you simple and delicious recipes in the months to come.
Today I thought I would share a fun Halloween pop corn treat with you. Since Halloween is literally around the corner, this pop corn treat will take you no time to make and the end result will be an explosion of sweet and salty goodness. I love sweet and salty combinations. You get the best of both worlds, don’t you think?
I have to admit, my hubby and I do not celebrate Halloween but I do love to see other people wearing costumes, specially the children. I think they look so adorable. I also love all the creative Halloween treats that are going around the web and Pinterest. They just got me inspired. Also what better excuse to stuff your face with candy and not get judged or feel guilty about it than Halloween!?
So let’s talk about this good looking Halloween pop corn treat, I mean it has melted chocolate, white chocolate, candy corns and the main suspect POPCORN! What I love about this, is that you can add any candy that you want, you can incorporate your children in helping you make these and the best part is that you can eat it all afterwards!
This treats are perfect as a special gift for your children’s teacher, for your friends and family. I know that they are going to love it, I can bet money on it haha! So how about we start, it’s really easy and a no brainer here, just what I like, easy to make and delicious to eat 🙂
Steps for making Halloween pop corn treat:
- First thing that you are going to do is place the microwavable pop corn, well in the microwave and let it do it’s thing. I went the easy route and just bought the microwaveable one’s instead of making pop corn from scratch. Hey! if you have time, by all means make your own 🙂 But this momma ain’t got time for that!
- Start melting one cup of chocolate chips in a sauce pan on low heat.
- Melt one cup of white chocolate chips either on the microwave or in a sauce pan, add a few drop of orange food coloring. You are going to see that it will get lumpy, leave it, we want that 🙂
- Once you have the pop corn ready, place it in a mixing bowl, and drizzle the melted chocolate on top and mix ( either with a spoon or your hands).
- Now since the white chocolate is lumpy, all you have to do is take some on your hands and just sprinkle it on top of the pop corn. It will disenagrate nicely like sprinkles.
- Add the candy corn and/or your favorite candies and place it in a mason jar and that’s it!
I hope you enjoyed this special Halloween pop corn treat. My hubby and children loved it and you know what? It taste super delicious!
Funny story: When I was younger my sister’s and I would sing this Halloween “song”, ” trick or treat, give me something good to eat, if you don’t I don’t care, I pull down your underwear” Yup, memories I tell you memories.