Ham and Cheese pie, or quiche, is very simple to make and is a great way to use up some of the extra stuff in your fridge. Because the base of this dish is eggs, it is very affordable to make and it is easy to keep the ingredients on hand for a simple, quick dinner.
- 2 cups deli ham (sliced in small squares)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I like cheedar or swiss but any type will work)
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of bisquick
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper (more to taste)
- 2 eggs
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray the bottom of a glass pie pan with olive oil. Sprinkle chopped ham, cheese, onions, and applie in pie pan.
In a separate bowel, stir the remaining ingredients until well mixed or place in a blender for 20 seconds. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, uncovered, or until a knive stuck in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a nice big green salad for dinner or a fruit salad for brunch.