I’m not a huge fan of anything creepy crawly. That being said, I am the mother of little boys – creepy crawly things come with the territory and few things delight them more than scaring me half to death with fake creepy crawlies. We’re already big fans of Wild Creations and their EcoAquarium (especially since upkeep of that doesn’t require touching anything gross because the whole thing is one contained ecosystem). When I saw that Wild Creations had come out with an RC Rattlesnake, based on the western diamond-back rattlesnake, one of Americas deadliest pit vipers, I knew that I saw many practical jokes in my future but knew that my kids would love it.
The RC Rattlesnake from Wild Creations has extremely life-like movement. The remote allows you to send the snake to the left, to the right, or a button in the middle will send the snake on a random rampage. We tested the RC Rattlesnake on a tile floor, a wood floor, cement and asphalt. The wood floor was definitely the smoothest but it was able to navigate the other surfaces fairly well until it hit any large cracks or bumps in the ground.
The movement of the RC Rattlesnake is kind of eerie. If it wasn’t for the sound of the motor which I suppose can’t be avoided, you could really creep someone out. As it is, I can see little boys hiding the snake under the couch or kitchen table and scaring their parents to death. The control works from a good distance away so you can really be creative in the kinds of pranks you want to pull.
I wish I could have shown you how scared our neighbor’s dog was in this quick little video, but the RC Rattlesnake is pretty quick so it was hard to keep it in the frame.
This made it onto our holiday gift guide this year. Check out our other recommendations for boys ages 5-10.
Enter to Win
Wild Creations is giving one lucky Busy Mommy Media reader an RC Rattlesnake from Wild Creations.
To enter, comment on this post and tell us what you think your kids would do with the RC Rattlesnake.
This giveaway is open to the U.S. only and will end on December 8, 2010
In compliance with the FTC Guidelines, please note that this is a sponsored post. I was given an RC Rattlesnake toy to review free of charge, however, I was not paid for the review and the opinions are my own. Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions for a complete list of our contest and giveaway rules.
Additional Giveaway Entries
Earn additional giveaway entries by doing one or all of the following. Comment on this post to let us know each time you earn an additional entry.
- Follow Busy Mommy Media on Twitter
- Become a Fan of Busy Mommy Media on Facebook
- Tweet this giveaway by clicking on the box in the upper right hand side of this post. (please add the hashtag #giveaway)
- Get updates from Busy Mommy Media by signing up for the Busy Mommy Media Newsletter, subscribing to the Busy Mommy Media RSS feed, or Signing up to receive updates from Busy Mommy Media.
- Start or respond to a conversation in our Blog Frog Community.
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to the giveaway post.
- Stumble this post.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Goal Setting Worksheet - January 16, 2018
- Nectar Mattress Review and Unboxing Video - January 9, 2018
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Sliders with Avocado for the Big Game - January 4, 2018