There’s nothing like a warm pot of soup when you need some serious comfort food. This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is one of my family’s favorites and definitely some of the best creamy comfort food out there.
I love soups when the weather cools down. I know. I KNOW. It doesn’t actually get very cold where I love. Southern Utah has some decent winters but I’m used to Southern California where winter means not having to pack your shorts away so I’m still freezing here at the moment.
Enter this fabulous Bacon Cheeseburger Soup.
I will admit, this is not a low-fat soup. On the plus side, if you are doing Keto you could easily adapt this and make it low-carb.
Even my picky 11-year-old loved this so it will definitely be making a regular appearance on our dinner table until the weather warms up to tolerable levels (and by tolerable, I mean I can stop wearing shoes outside).
Read Also: CrockPot Beef and Noodle Soup
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Ingredients
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 4 cups chicken broth (I use this Better than Bullion for everything because it tastes amazing and is so much more cost effective)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Cups Velveeta, diced into cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Preparation
Cook the ground beef until brown. Drain any excess grease and remove from pan.
In the same pan, add 1 Tablespoon of butter, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for 3-4 minutes then add the parsley and basil,
Add the chicken broth, diced potatoes and stir in the cooked hamburger.
Bring the soup to a boil and simmer, covered on low for 12-15 minutes.
Melt the remaining butter in a small pan and stir in the flour. Add to the soup and cook for a few more minutes.
Be sure the potatoes are softened then stir in the cheese and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once the cheese has melted, blend in the sour cream and serve.
More Soup Recipes:
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Snack Boxes: Healthy Snacking Options for Moms - August 15, 2019
- Simplify Back-to-School and Be a Classroom Hero - August 14, 2019
- How to Organize Your Pantry – Pantry Organization Tips - August 12, 2019