Does the thought of saving for college make you sweat?
I get it. It can be an overwhelming savings goal, especially if you are saving for multiple kids. The good news is there are ways you can make progress towards your savings goals no matter what your budget is. We are so glad to be partnering with ScholarShare for another post to help you simplify the process of saving for college.
We talked last month a bit about how important it is to start small. Remember that old saying about eating an elephant? You have to do it one bite at a time.
Everyone needs a little boost though and lucky for you, there’s the perfect opportunity for you to give your college savings a boost.
National 529 Day is coming up on May 25th, 2016 and ScholarShare has a great perk if you open a 529 college savings account on that day that will help you give your college savings a jump start.
For one day only, on National 529 Day, if you open a 529 college savings account with $50 in it ScholarShare will match your $50! That’s free money!
Here’s how you do it:
- Open a new ScholarShare 529 plan here on May 25, 2016 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Add $50 to your ScholarShare account.
- Sign up for ongoing automatic contributions of $25 or more per month.
- The Matching Deposit will be made to the eligible ScholarShare Plan account on or before 11:59 PM PT on January 30, 2017.
Why should you give your college savings a jump start?
For a big savings goal, like funding your college savings, it is so helpful to give yourself a running start.
When you see progress right from the very beginning you are going to be more motivated to continue saving. It makes the end goal feel more reachable.
This matching offer makes it easy to give your savings a jump start without investing a lot of money up front so it’s the perfect solution.
Pin it for Later
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ScholarShare, but all opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Sliced Caramel Apple Pops - October 20, 2017
- Mexican Quiche – The Tastiest Way to Stay Healthy This Winter - October 19, 2017
- 3-Ingredient Halloween Slime - October 17, 2017