Thank you to Kabook! for sponsoring this post.
One of my favorite things about reading is being able to see myself in the story. Kabook! makes that easy with children’s books that literally put your child inside the story. They have four beautifully written and illustrated stories that you can choose from and you can upload photos of your child and digitally integrate them into the story. We had so much fun creating a storybook for my 6-year-old daughter and she has absolutely loved it.
My kids all love to read so it is always fun when I can incorporate something new into storytime. Kabook! makes it so easy to personalize a book for your child and they do it in a way that I’ve never seen done before. Rather than just popping in your child’s name and a few photos, this book worked all my daughter’s favorite things directly into the story.
This story was such an interactive experience and really surprised my daughter at how much of her was in the story.
The book converted one of her photos into an old-fashioned “wanted” poster that looked like it was hand-drawn.
Throughout the rest of the story, my daughter found so many of her favorite things. There was even a line that said:
“We search for a girl named Leah. It has been said she enjoys a song called “Shut up and Dance with Me.”
My daughter could not stop laughing at that and she was really engaged with the book, listening to find more of her favorite things. It was fun to see her so invested in a book and it made storytime so fun for both of us.
Kabook! has four storybook options:
- Wanted: The Girl/Boy Who Saved the Kingdom: Armies of frogs have invaded a nearby magical kingdom, and only your child can save it!
- We Hope You Remember: A powerful ode to family love, featuring 15 of your child’s baby photos.
- New: the We Hope You Remember baby gift edition! It’s a perfect present for newborns – just upload the newborn’s picture and name, and print out his or her new book.
- Hornswoggled!: A pirate crew has found a mysterious treasure map, but only your child can help them solve the riddles and unveil the treasure!
- The List: Santa’s List is missing a page!: Your child’s page on The List (Naughty or Nice) was accidentally shredded, so the elves are trying to put the page back together in time for the holidays!
What I loved about these options is they tell you upfront what the time investment is to create the book. They have options that take just a few minutes to books that require you to take specific photos to really personalize the book.
This was such a fun book to read together. The whole thing was very interactive and our Kabook! has quickly become a favorite at my house.
These stories are designed for children aged 0-7 and start at $24.99 at mykabook.com.
Try it for yourself
Use the code KABOOKFRIEND20 for 20% off your order (expires Feb. 15). Co-creating Kabook! can take anywhere from 1 to 45 minutes.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Disney Released the First Trailer for Toy Story 4 and it is Epic - March 19, 2019
- Simplify your Workouts with the NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle - March 14, 2019
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad - March 13, 2019