If you live in Southern California, or are traveling here for the holidays, you may be missing winter a bit. It’s been chilly here lately but our definition of chilly is usually anything under 70 degrees. Legoland California is making it easy to enjoy your favorite parts of winter though, including sledding and snowball fights!
Legoland Snow Days and Winter Nights runs from November 21st – January 3rd. My kids had a blast checking it out, although my daughter took a little while to warm up to the idea of snow.
Legoland has pre-built snowmen that your kids can decorate with Lego accessories. My kids had a blast with that. There are two sides to the snow area. If one side is more crowded try out the other side. We got an entire snowman to ourselves just by switching sides.
There is a sledding area that is tons of fun and the line moves fast so you don’t have to wait long.
Feel like having a snowball fight? You can throw snowballs at brightly colored targets. This is fun for kids to try and see who can hit the most targets. My kids got super competitive.
The entire park is decorated for the holidays so you have some great photo opportunities.
Be sure and stick around until the end of the day to see the 30-foot tall Lego Christmas tree light up. Nightly fireworks will go off from December 26-30.
- Come on a weekday if possible to avoid crowds.
- Wear long pants and gloves. The weather may be nice but you’ll get chilly playing in the snow.
- Head straight to the back of the park when you arrive to play in the snow before the weather starts to cool down later in the day.
- Wear closed toe shoes or you won’t be allowed to play in the snow area.
Buy tickets to Legoland Snow Days and Winter Nights by visiting Legoland.com.
Disclosure: Legoland invited my family to visit the park free of charge to check out their Snow Days event.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Snack Boxes: Healthy Snacking Options for Moms - August 15, 2019
- Simplify Back-to-School and Be a Classroom Hero - August 14, 2019
- How to Organize Your Pantry – Pantry Organization Tips - August 12, 2019