This post is sponsored by Munchkin.
Anyone who has ever fed a toddler can tell you that trying to help them get the nutrients they need while also making sure no two foods touch and there is nothing the wrong color of green on their plates is a serious challenge. The new Grass Fed Toddler Drink Powder formula from Munchkin makes your job easier by helping your toddler get essential nutrition without a fight.
With twin toddlers in my house right now, meal time does not always look the way I want it to. For the most part, they are pretty good eaters but I often wonder if they are getting the right nutrition.
A few weeks ago my twins had a checkup and we found out that one of them is anemic. I thought they were eating the same things. I feed them the same things but with toddlers that doesn’t always meal they’ll eat what is in front of them and apparently one twin was sneaking by without quite eating what she needed.
We’ve been making more of an effort to pay attention and make sure she has plenty of iron rich food options. She doesn’t always eat them but we’ve been trying to encourage her.
I knew we needed a little help since she’s not a big fan of meat and other iron rich foods so I was excited to discover the new Grass Fed Toddler Drink Formula from Munchkin.
With 15% of my daughter’s daily iron requirements in every serving (plus a whole lot of other great nutrients) I know that even if she refuses most of the awesome meals I make for her, she’s still got her bases covered.
I absolutely love that the milk in Grass Fed is GMO free, rBGH free, grain free, and antibiotic free. That’s hard to find in a formula. It’s also the only formula in the world made with certified* 100% grass fed milk from New Zealand. (*Learn more about their 100% Grass Fed Standard at grassfed.com). It even contains Lactoferrin, an immunity booster naturally found in breast milk! As a breastfeeding mom, I think that is so cool.
They have the absolute cutest packaging too — my kids don’t care about that at all but I think it is fun.
My little picky eaters had no complaints and I could take one worry off my plate for the day since I knew that they were getting a little extra boost.
What do you do if you have a picky eater?
Picky eaters are tricky but there are some great tricks you can use to make sure they are getting the nutrition they need.
- Think of snacks as mini-meals. Instead of grabbing “snack” food, feed your toddler shredded chicken, thinly sliced veggies, fruit, cheese sticks, or beans.
- Set a good example. If your toddler sees you eating nutritious food, she’ll want to do the same. Sometimes I’ll just sit at the table snacking on apples or sliced veggies and, without fail, my twins will come running in and demand some of my food.
- Serve a wide variety of foods. Toddlers take a little while to warm up to new foods. If your toddler doesn’t like a food the first time you serve it, don’t give up. Serve it again. Try preparing it in a different way.
- Use smoothies to get added nutrition. For some picky eaters, texture is a big issue so smoothies are the perfect solution. I’ve found if I start my kids young, they don’t care if their smoothies are bright green or purple and I’m able to get all kinds of great nutrition into them.
Enter The Love Your Munchkin” Sweepstakes
We know you love your munchkin! Right now you can enter for a chance to win a 1 year supply of Munchkin Grass Fed™ Formula and $1,000 to stock up on new baby gear! What an awesome prize!
This post is sponsored by Munchkin.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Leprechaun Bait – Printable St. Patrick’s Day Bag Topper - March 15, 2018
- Simplify your Life with the Logitech + Alexa - March 14, 2018
- Goldfish Alphabet Game for Preschoolers - March 13, 2018