Want 10 more of our favorite art projects for kids? Click here and we will send them to you.
Painting is a creative process. You don’t have to limit yourself to just using a paintbrush. I sent my kids hunting around the house for anything that they thought they could paint with.
This is what they came up with:
You can paint with just about anything.
- clothespin with a cotton ball
- apples carved into shapes
- carrots, cut them in half and use the flat end
- erasers, just as they are or carved into shapes
- sponges, cut into shapes
- silicone basting brush
- dish scrub brush
- marbles, drop some paint onto the paper and then let the marbles roll around (See details on marble painting here)
- spray bottle, filled with a mixture of paint and water
- your fingers
- bubble wrap
Get creative. I set my kids loose and they painted for hours. They haven’t had that much fun in a long time.
This art project is all about the process. We didn’t end up with any framable art (although we did pop a few on the fridge for a few days) but my kids had fun and they made some great memories together. That’s what counts.
Watch the video below and see our art project in action:
Have you STILL not had us send you this FREE DOWNLOAD with 10 more of our favorite art projects for kids? Click here and we will send them to you.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Wonderful Halos “Valentine’s Day Love Monsters” - February 14, 2019
- How to Support your Health This Winter - February 14, 2019
- Staying Alive After 65 – Tips to Live the Life you Want During Retirement - February 12, 2019