Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Stay warm with this winter with a cozy bowl of soup!
I’m all about the comfort food right now. As soon as the weather cools down, I pull out my soup pot and it stays on my stove until spring. This time of year, I’m so busy. That doesn’t leave a lot of time for scratch cooking, but I still want to enjoy the comfort foods that I love. Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups and cheater herb biscuits are the perfect way to get a delicious meal on the table quickly.
Potato soup, in any form, is always my favorite winter comfort food. I make huge pots of it when the mood strikes but there is definitely some prep work involved. Sometimes I want to enjoy the benefits without putting in the time.
For days like that (and we all have those days), I keep my pantry stocked with some basics so I can throw together a great meal in a pinch.
Idahoan Steakhouse Soups come in some fantastic varieties (Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Cheddar Potato) and taste just like homemade. In just 5 minutes, you get that slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home.
Also in my pantry is usually a basic biscuit mix. With a few little tweaks, I can customize them to taste like they were made from scratch.
Biscuit mix hacks
You can make biscuits from scratch (or use a mix. Seriously. No judgement) and throw in some mix-ins to completely change up the flavor. Even the most basic biscuits will taste gourmet with these adjustments.
Try any one of these options to change up your basic biscuit recipe.
- Mix shredded sharp cheese into the biscuit batter before baking. After baking, combine melted butter with garlic powder, parsley, and a pinch of salt. Brush onto biscuits while hot.
- Mix rosemary (fresh or dried) into the biscuit batter. After baking, combine melted butter with garlic powder and rosemary. Brush onto biscuits while hot.
- Mix cooked bacon (chopped), powdered ranch mix, and shredded cheese into the biscuit batter before baking. After baking, brush with butter.
The easiest potato soup
Soup and biscuits are one of my favorite meals during the winter and it seriously does not get easier than Idahoan Steakhouse Soups. My favorite is the Cheddar Potato but my kids love the Loaded Potato, because BACON.
All you do to make these soups is boil water, whisk in the soup mix, and cook for 5 minutes.
These soups have saved me this week. My husband is out of town, my kids all had activities on the same night (I swear they are doing it just to stress me out), and I’m working crazy hours.
As much as I would love to cook from scratch every night, my mental health is important too. I can cut myself some slack and still get a great meal on the table.
No one complains with this kind of creamy goodness in their bowl.
I realized not long ago that we were slacking on family dinner. Most nights, dinner involved rushing to grab something before heading out the door, or my teenager eating when he got home from a friend’s house.
You may also like these recipes:
- Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Instant Pot Everything Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef Noodle Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Hamburger Orzo Soup
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- STEM for Kids – Tinker Crate Review - December 15, 2018
- Hot Chocolate Muffins - December 13, 2018
- Surviving Cold and Flu Season Naturally with Lolleez - December 11, 2018