Some recipes are born out of desperation. Earlier this summer, I found myself facing 4 cases of oranges. Yes. 4 CASES.
We had family and friends coming in from out of town to see our new baby so we hosted a brunch. Planning food for large groups of people is not one of my strong points so the day before we started panicking thinking that we didn’t have enough food. So we went out and got more. Then we got some more, just in case.
Then, being the sleep deprived new parents that we are, we forgot to serve half the food. Which brings me back to the fact that I had 4 cases of oranges.
We juice them, ate them plain, threw them in fruit salads. Eventually we ran out of ideas. . . and we were a bit sick of drinking orange juice.
Orange Juice pancakes were an experiment that turned out to be a tasty success. Replace the liquid in your favorite pancakes with orange juice and you have a great twist on a breakfast favorite.
- Your favorite pancake recipe. Don’t have one? Try one of ours – Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes or Blender Pancakes
- Orange Juice
- Orange zest
- 1/3 cup of Flax Seeds
- Optional: Chocolate Chips
What’s your favorite thing to mix into pancakes?
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Sliced Caramel Apple Pops - October 20, 2017
- Mexican Quiche – The Tastiest Way to Stay Healthy This Winter - October 19, 2017
- 3-Ingredient Halloween Slime - October 17, 2017