Excerpted from Taste of Home: Best Loved Recipes: 1485 Favorites from the World’s #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine
By Taste of Home
Yield: 3-½ dozen
Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 10 min./batch
Each of these buttery cookies has a chocolate mint candy inside,” says Lorraine Meyer of Bend, Oregon. “They’re my very favorite cookie and are always part of our Christmas cookie trays.
— Lorraine Meyer, Bend, Oregon
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
65 mint Andes candies
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
2. With floured hands, shape a tablespoonful of dough around 42 candies, forming rectangular cookies. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a microwave or saucepan, melt the remaining candies; drizzle over cookies.
About Taste of Home
Taste of Home is America’s connection to the personal recipes of people who cook at home as a way to bring family and friends together, particularly at the holidays. Each year, thousands of people from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published. Every recipe that is published is carefully evaluated and selected by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients. Taste of Home content is available in print; online at Tasteofhome.com; in books; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps and Kindle; and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Obtain a subscription www.TasteofHome.com or on your favorite digital download device.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Is Your Probiotic Doing What it Should Be? - June 24, 2019
- Elevate Summer Snacking with Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit - June 20, 2019
- How to Keep Your Kids Safer At Home - June 18, 2019