Thank you Lexington Law Firm for sponsoring this post. A high service partner and consumer advocate that will help you fight for the credit you deserve!
Your credit report isn’t something you think about much until you need it. A low credit score can make it hard to get a home or car loan and can end up costing you a lot of extra money. What do you do if your credit isn’t quite ideal and you need to repair your credit? Lexington Law Firm makes it easy to repair your credit score. We are sharing some of our favorite tips to help you improve your credit score and some great credit repair options from Lexington Law Firm .
I signed up for my first credit card in exchange for a t-shirt.
I was in college and when a solicitor knocked on my door and offered me free stuff, I was all in. I had never given any thought to getting a credit card before. I didn’t have a need for one and I certainly didn’t know how to use it responsibly.
My credit card balance slowly inched upwards over the years but my credit was good so I didn’t give it much thought.
Then we had the year of a million medical bills.
In one year, I delivered premature twins and my daughter had a near-drowning that came with a frantic helicopter transport to the children’s hospital that could meet her needs better than our local hospital.
We were lucky that our insurance took care of us well or those medical bills would have been catastrophic.
Later that same year we were faced with an unexpected move and then a job loss.
Suddenly those credit card balances that seemed so under control felt like an enormous financial burden, and the balances were slowly creeping upward as we struggled to stay afloat during a period of unemployment.
We’ve had some work to do repairing our credit in the years since then and I’ve learned more about my credit score than I ever have before.
What things can hurt your credit score?
Having a poor credit score can affect you in so many ways. You’ll spend more on a car or home loan with a low credit score and struggle to get loans when you need them.
These things can negatively impact your credit score:
- Credit report errors – Mistakes can happen and errors can take as long as four months to clear up if you catch them. Every year there are millions of Americans that struggle to get a car or home loan because of credit report errors. Don’t be one of them. Monitor your credit report or use a company like Lexington Law Firm and have them take care of errors for you.
- High credit card balances – Even if you have no errors on your credit report, having high credit card balances can impact your score. Work to pay down balances as quickly as possible.
- Late Payments – Most of us know that late payments aren’t so hot on your credit report.
- Length of credit history – The longer your credit history, the more likely you are to have a solid score. Trying to get a loan when you haven’t had time to build up your credit history can be challenging.
We’ve all had slip-ups from time to time and wish we’d made different choices. In my case, I needed to make better choices before finding myself in a financially draining situation.
When life gets stressful, your credit score probably isn’t the first thing on your mind. The problem is, damaging your credit score can have lasting effects.
So what do you do if you need to repair your credit?
If your credit score could use a little help, you are not alone. The credit repair industry has grown like crazy in the last several years, which also means there is a lot of fact vs. fiction going on.
To start, sit down and create a strict budget to help you create a plan for paying down credit card balances and getting those payments in on time.
Repairing your credit can be a bit overwhelming. You may find that you need a bit of help. A credit repair company can step in for you and help you get your credit score up.
Lexington Law Firm is the oldest (and the most respected) name in credit repair. They look for legal-based solutions that can help you get your credit score where you want it to be. Using their proprietary app, and a careful assessment of your needs, they give you straight-forward solutions that can get you heading in the right direction. They have a variety of packages available so you can have just as much (or as little) help as you’d like.
Because Lexington Law has long-standing relationships with all three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), combined with their expert knowledge, they are able to have a high success rate at getting errors on your credit report removed.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Disney Released the First Trailer for Toy Story 4 and it is Epic - March 19, 2019
- Simplify your Workouts with the NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle - March 14, 2019
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad - March 13, 2019