Thank you to Momeez Choice for sponsoring this post.
This cold and flu season we’ve already been hit with more than our fair share of bugs. I’m crossing my fingers the remainder of winter is healthy, but if we do get caught with another bug, I have my medicine cabinet stocked, including some delicious and soothing Lolleez organic pops for kids. These sooth throats and tummies and with their flat shape and stick, they are safe for kids age 3+.
Did you know that kids average 6–8 colds a year? Most of those happen between the months of November through February.
That’s bad news for us as we move into cold and flu season. My 4-year-old twins and my 6-year-old daughter have been working their way through one cold after another already this year. It’s made this a rough season for everyone else in the house too since they are so kind to share their germs with us.
I feel horrible when my kids don’t feel well and always wish there was more that I could do. I’m not the only mom who felt that way. Mom of four and health coach, Melissa Evans wanted a better option when her daughter was sick with a severe sore throat and she couldn’t find any lozenges that were free of artificial colors, flavors, or ingredients and didn’t pose a choking risk.
As a result, she created Lolleez, an organic throat-soothing lollipop. Lolleez are not only great-tasting cough drops, but they are also worry-free with their flat-shape to prevent choking and healthier than what Melissa was able to find before.
I was hoping I could just stash these away in my medicine cabinet and not have a reason to use them for a while, but my daughter has been fighting the cold-that-will-not-end and her throat has just felt terrible this week.
I’ve been hesitant to give her lozenges because I do worry about the choking risk, but I wanted something that would soothe her throat.
I love it when the thing that I know is going to make my kids feel better is also something they love. Lolleez come in packs of 15: Watermelon, Strawberry, Orange Mango and a Variety Pack and the flavors are amazing. I swiped a few myself when my daughter shared her germs with me and the strawberry flavor tastes like homemade jam to me.
What really sets these apart for me is the ingredients. They are made using USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO ingredients that you can pronounce, like organic honey and natural fruit pectin. You don’t have to worry about allergies either. They are also gluten, dairy and nut free.
Melissa Evans, the creator of Lolleez, shared her top tips to help prevent sickness. This time of year, I’m sure we could all use them!
How to Prevent Sickness
- The washing of hands is the most important for preventing and not spreading sickness. Teaching kids how to lather the soap and hit each part of their hands is key. My kids all sing the Happy Birthday Song while they wash to make it fun and extend the process.
- We teach our kids that sharing is caring, but not during cold and flu season…encourage your kiddos not to share pens/pencils, iPads, drinks, etc. during this germy time.
- The early darkness in the winter helps me to get the kids in bed a little early, which is so important because their little bodies need more restorative rest. Exercise and a well-balanced diet also help to keep immune systems strong.
- Teach your littles to keep away from the handrails – all the little hands that hold onto stairway or hallway rails are covered in germs. Teach your child to avoid them or, if they need the assistance, to wash their hands when they’re back in their classroom.
- Make covering their mouths with their arm when they cough or sneeze mandatory…also no digging for gold either…yuck.
We’re nursing our current colds and keeping our fingers crossed that after this we can stay healthy for a good, long time. At least now, we know that we have a great option to treat sore throats with Lolleez and upset tummies with Tumeez.
Both have been a huge hit with my kids.
Lolleez and Tumeez are available at Target, CVS and on Amazon. Go here for more information.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Sugar-Free Hazelnut Apple Cider - October 11, 2019
- Noise-Cancelation Exactly the Way You NEED It - October 10, 2019
- How to Find Courage As a Mom And Teach your Kids to be Brave - October 3, 2019