This simple taco casserole is easy to make on a busy school night and it’s a real crowd pleaser. Set up a topping bar so that everyone can top their casserole with their favorite ingredients (or leave everything off if you have picky kids).
- 1/4 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 of a can black beans — rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 of a 1 1/4-ounce package taco seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Tomatos
- Chopped Cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground been and onions and drain fat. Add taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, black beans and water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Gently stir in tortilla chips and half of the cheese. Put in a casserole dish (or if you have an oven-proof skillet leave it in the skillet). Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Sugar-Free Hazelnut Apple Cider - October 11, 2019
- Noise-Cancelation Exactly the Way You NEED It - October 10, 2019
- How to Find Courage As a Mom And Teach your Kids to be Brave - October 3, 2019