This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Are you ready for summer grilling? These Brats with an amazing homemade spicy 7UP sauce are sure to be a hit at every summer barbecue. This sauce has the perfect amount of tang. You’ll wonder how you ever ate brats without it!
I’m a HUGE fan of summer barbecues. There are few things better than food to brig people together. With my kids freshly out of school for the summer and Memorial Day just around the corner, we are definitely ready for some fun.
There’s no better way to Upgrade your Summer than with family-favorite recipes. 7UP® and Johnsonville make that easy (with a little help from Walmart).
We made a Walmart run this week to stock up on some of our favorites and make sure we were ready for all the grilling that was going to be happening this weekend. Johnsonville brats are always some of our favorites. They are made out of premium pork from US and Canadian farms and the flavor is unbelievable.
Are you a traditional topping kind of person when it comes to brats?
There are so many fun options and this spicy 7UP sauce is a family favorite. We always have a batch of this in the fridge. It lasts for several weeks (although ours usually doesn’t make it that long).
We love these topped with sauerkraut and pickle slices but they would be amazing with diced pineapples if you are feeling adventurous.
Brats with Spicy 7UP Sauce Ingredients
- Johnsonville Original Brat 19oz.
- 1/4 cup 7UP
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of your favorite BBQ sauce (or 1 Tbsp. of grill seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: sauerkraut and pickles
Brats with Spicy 7UP Sauce Preparation
Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and heat until it begins to bubble. Stir constantly to get rid of any lumps.
Let this cool completely. It will thicken slightly as it cools. You can make this ahead of time and have it ready to go for your barbecue.
Cook your Johnsonville Original Brat over med temperature on a grill, until done.
Serve in a bun, topped with sauerkraut and pickles. Drizzle the Spicy 7UP sauce over the top.
Enter to Win
Are you ready to upgrade your summer? Visit the Upgrade Your Summer website to enter the Backyard Makeover promotion
Eight (8) Grand Prize Packages: Each winner will receive the following:
- One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
- One (1) Sonos Outdoor Speakers.
- One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
- One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
- One (1) $300 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: Each winner to receive one (1) $25 Walmart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
7UP is a registered trademark of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. ©2017 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- How to Stay Organized While Traveling – Printable Travel Planner - August 18, 2018
- What is the Best Age to Learn to Swim? - August 15, 2018
- SwimKids Launches Survival Swimming Lessons in Pleasant Grove, Utah - August 13, 2018