Hi! It’s Ros Emely again sharing with you another delicious and easy recipe.
I am so happy that Christmas Eve is almost here, I can feel it and I can just smell all of the wonderful aromas from the food that my family will make. Every year for the holidays each family member is assign two dishes to make and bring to the host’s house. My mother is in charge of hosting Christmas Eve every year and I love it since I only have to travel two blocks to get to her house , haha!
I am assigned to bring a side dish and I do not have a problem with that, why? Well because I will be making these delicious and so easy to make roasted brussels sprout with a hint of balsamic vinegar. I wanted to add more texture and flavor to the dish, so I also added some dried cranberries, parmesan cheese and caramelized walnuts. Can I get an “Oh yes!” for this recipe?
The thing that I love so much about making brussels sprout is that not only it’s healthy for you to eat but it’s a moms dream to be in and out of the kitchen in no time. This will literally take you about 20 minutes to make and then you can worry about mommy things, like removing the crayon from your toddler’s hands who just created a beautiful master piece on your white walls. You know, the normal mommy things.
This vegetable side dish is the perfect addition to your Christmas Eve menu, it is so flavorful and adding that touch of balsamic vinegar makes it that extra special. The caramelized walnuts gives the dish some crunch and sweetness which it couterparts so well with the tangy balsamic vinegar. The dried cranberries add that fruit element and sweetness and I sprinkle some parmesan cheese aswell. I just think everything tastes so much better if you add cheese, haha!
I hope these roasted brussels sprout with balsamic vinegar will make it this year on your Christmas Eve food table because it taste that good and why not, right?
- 2 to 3 cups of Brussel sprouts
- parmesan cheese ( to your liking)
- dried cranberries
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- brown sugar ( to caramelize walnuts)
- First let's start with washing and cleaning our Brussel sprouts. then start cutting it in half and placing it in a baking sheet. Add a small amount of olive oil just to evenly coat them.Sprinkle salt and pepper and place it in the oven for 20 minutes on 375 degree heat.
- Now let's start with the caramelized walnuts. In a small pan add the walnuts( your choice of how much) and add about a tablespoon of brown sugar. On medium to high heat start caramelizing it until the sugar dissolves and the walnuts are covered in the caramel sauce. be careful and keep mixing, this will take you no more than a minute!
- Once the Brussel sprouts finished roasting in the oven, place it in your serving plate, add some of the dried cranberries, sprinkle in some balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, and add the caramelized walnuts.
- Mix well and serve.
You may also like these posts: