Need a project to keep kids busy this summer? This Citrus Stamped Canvas art project is fun for kids and adult DIYers.
This project is really simple enough that even your really young kiddos can do it with a little help. I think this would look so cute in a kitchen or dining room! Match up the colors to the color scheme in your home. Kids love to see their artwork displayed and this is a great way to add a pop of color to your walls.
I try to let my kids add their own touch to our home whenever I can. I love framing their drawings and artwork. Not only is it fun to look back on as they grow but it gives them so much pride to see their work displayed in our home.
This Citrus Stamped Canvas art project looks amazing up on your walls. It brings such a fun pop of color to any room and this project is so much fun to do together with your kids.
Get creative and customize this project to fit your needs (and your home colors).
- Limes, Lemons, or Oranges. (I’d stay away from grapefruit, they are a little too juicy for this project)
- Canvas or Canvas board (I used a 10″X10″ Stretch canvas)
- Acrylic paints-This is a good starter set with all the primary colors needed for mixing.
- Foam Brushes or paint brushes
- Paper towels and paper plates for easy cleanup
1. Cut fruit in half-It works a bit better if you let them dry out for a bit before applying paint
2.Paint your canvas any solid color you choose. Light colors work best.
3. Use you brush to apply an even coat of paint. Try to avoid gobs to get the best print. It helps to practice on paper before doing it on your canvas.
4. Keep stamping until you fill the canvas and are happy with the pattern.
5. Optional: I added polka dots with a brush to make it look a little more finished
ALL DONE! Wasn’t that fun?
Encourage your kids to be creative with this project and make it their own. A few ways they can do that are to experiment with different background colors/stamping colors, make their own pattern in the background, try painting multiple colors on the fruit, use different sizes of fruit.
Linking up on:
Latest posts by Katherine Roberts (see all)
- Preschool Gift Guide For Boys - December 6, 2017
- Preschool Gift Guide For Girls - November 24, 2017
- How to Create Your Own Website For Your Side Hustle - November 16, 2017