I’m a big fan of menu planning. It saves me so much time and money. I hate wasting time in the store running back and forth because my list is all out of order. I usually have at least a few kids with my while I’m grocery shopping so spending extra time backtracking to grab something off my list that I missed the first time I was in an aisle just doesn’t work for me. This printable grocery list helps you simplify your trip to the store and you can still add things to your grocery list as you need to.
Tips to Get the most out of your grocery list
- Plan your menu ahead of time so you know exactly what you need at the store. Check out our printable weekly menu plan if you need some help with that.
- Keep your grocery list somewhere visible so you can add items to it as soon as you think of them. This will prevent you from having to take a second trip to the grocery store. I keep mine on the side of my fridge so it’s easily accessible but not a focal point in my kitchen. You could also tape this to the inside of one of your cabinet doors.
- Tell your family to add items to the list if they think of any you miss. My kids eat so much food right now. My boys can honestly out-eat me so they are usually the first to know when something is gone. If they finish something off, they know it’s their responsibility to add it to the grocery list.
- Include quantities on your list. Chances are that you won’t remember how many of everything you need once you are at the store. Make it easy on yourself and just write everything down.
- Take a picture of your grocery list on your phone before you leave for the store if you don’t want to carry the entire list with you. You can zoom in on each section of the list to make it easier to read and you won’t have to worry about losing your list.
You may also like
- 7 Ways to Simplify your Menu Planning
- 5 Ways to Include your Kids in Menu Planning
- Have you Slacked off on Menu Planning?
- Menu Plan: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Menu Planning Basics
Latest posts by Rachel (see all)
- Surviving Cold and Flu Season Naturally with Lolleez - December 11, 2018
- Why You Should Switch to T-Mobile in the New Year - December 11, 2018
- Self-care from the Inside Out with MitoQ - December 7, 2018