This simple variation of the traditional gingerbread house is easy for preschoolers to make on their own and creates a fun gingerbread Christmas tree that preschoolers can decorate. Use this gingerbread Christmas tree as a fun holiday decoration or a festive snack.
What You Need
- Sugar Cones
- Red Hot Candy (or another candy of your choice)
- Optional: Additional candy to decorate your gingerbread tree
- Plastic knife
- Paper plate
What To Do
Give each preschooler a sugar cone and a paper plate. Turn the sugar cone upside down on the paper plate so that the pointed end is up and the sugar cone stands on it’s own.
Give each preschooler a plastic knife and a container of frosting. White frosting is the easiest to clean up when you are done and will not stain preschoolers clothes but green would also be nice as the base color for a Christmas tree. Help each preschooler frost their sugar cone so that the entire surface is covered with icing.
Decorate the gingerbread Christmas tree by gently pressing popcorn and assorted candy into the icing. Sprinkle the surface of the icing with colored sprinkles for extra color.
Send the gingerbread Christmas trees home with each preschooler or enjoy them as a festive snack.
Latest posts by Rachel Lister (see all)
- Snack Boxes: Healthy Snacking Options for Moms - August 15, 2019
- Simplify Back-to-School and Be a Classroom Hero - August 14, 2019
- How to Organize Your Pantry – Pantry Organization Tips - August 12, 2019