I have worked from home for more years than I have worked outside the home. Anyone who doesn’t believe that work at home moms actually work is clearly not well-informed. Being a work at home mom can be super challenging. You have to find the time to work, plus also continue to run your household without one of those things taking precedence over the other. This can be a Catch 22 as I’m sure you can imagine.
So, how do you manage to be both a good worker or business owner and also a good wife and mom. The trick is to not spread yourself too thin.
How do you do that?
The following are some tips on how to NOT spread yourself too thin:
- Learn to say no. Probably the best life lesson I have ever learned is the ability to say, “no”. You must convince yourself that you do not have to say yes to everything. You do not have to volunteer for every event or fundraiser at your child’s school, every activity or ministry in your church or even take on every client or project that is offered to you in your area of work. You do have to learn to pick and choose what is most important based on your priorities and delegate what you can.
- Get a good night’s sleep. I have never been able to understand those people who say that they stay up all night working. I am a morning person, the opposite of a night owl, so I tend to work during the day and sleep at night. Even when my kids were small I would work during the day around their schedules as much as possible and then sleep at night. If you are a night owl, make sure to get in a routine that works for you to still get your rest. Speaking of routines, that’s my next tip.
- Create routines for yourself and use them. You will find that you are able to get more accomplished in both your work and your home if you create (and follow) routines. You will want to start with cleaning routines and even add to that cleaning routines if having an orderly home is important to you. This will help to ensure that everything you need to do gets done. Otherwise you will likely be dealing with chaos 9 days out of 10.
I hope that these tips were useful to you. I currently have a series for work from home moms on my blog, LifeFrommyLaptop.com called 31 Tips Work From Home Moms Need to Know, so be sure to check it out.
I HIGHLY Recommend the Makeover your Morning course from Money Saving Mom.
Join our Facebook Group: Busy Work at Home Moms
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS ABOUT BLOGGING:
You may also like:
Latest posts by Alyssa Life from my Laptop (see all)
- 5 Tips to Stay Sane When Working From Home with Kids - November 5, 2015
- How to Not Spread Yourself Too Thin as a Work at Home Mom - October 15, 2015